Senior leadership roles available in WA16th March 2021 | 4 mins
A Regional General Manager (RGM) role within aged care is a uniquely rewarding career and Opal HealthCare is a hugely supportive environment in which to make the move. Whilst we are specifically looking to fill a role in Western Australia it is great to understand the career pathways that bring people into these roles.
If you are looking for purpose and meaning in the work you do then this opportunity in Western Australia is perfect for you. We are looking for a candidate who is an influential leader with a successful record of achievement in a senior leadership role within a health or service driven environment. Our RGM in Queensland came into aged care via her work as a clinical nurse supervisor and then through management roles within hospitals. Our RGM for NSW came through the more traditional model of nurse to General Manager and onto Regional General Manager. Edwina talks about the qualities she believes are important in her RGM role in her article here - such as multi-tasking & developing her teams capabilities.
An accomplished, forward-thinking Regional General Manager would lead our growing portfolio of 10 care communities in Western Australia, report to the Chief Operating Officer, provide inspirational leadership and ensure the continued development of a highly engaged and values-driven culture.
Equipped with an outstanding ability to deliver, you will balance the strategic and operational needs of the role with a strong understanding of governance. You will have the ability to develop a dedicated and highly skilled team in the delivery of excellence in care across our care communities.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A contagious passion and focus on the well-being and outcomes for residents and their families
- The ability to lead and coach both current and future leaders to reach their full potential
- Proven success in managing multi-site services across a wide geographical region
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a growth portfolio
- A track record in delivering sustainable commercial performance
- Skilled relationship builder with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work interdependently with the larger organisation team located across the country
This is a rare opportunity to be part of our journey, and make an integral contribution to the organisation.
Home stories from across Opal
Elderly hospital patients recover in the comfort of home
17th June 2021 | 4 mins
Personalised reablement programs
9th June 2021 | 2 mins
For the love of gardening
3rd June 2021 | 2 mins