Sale Gardens wins Aged Care Award3rd March 2022 | 2 mins
We’re proud to announce that Sale Gardens Care Community has won the Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award at the Community Achievement Awards Australia in Victoria.
Presented on Saturday 26 February, the Award recognises the quality, expertise and dedication of our entire Sale Gardens team.
I'm really proud of our whole team, especially during these challenging and unexpected times due to Covid-19. It was wonderful surprise to be recognised as an employer of choice and we’re delighted to share this success with the Opal HealthCare Community
Ann Gibbs, General Manager, Sale Gardens Care Community
As our ageing population continues to grow, so does the need for high quality aged care services, particularly in regional communities. The Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award recognises and celebrates organisations which “provide elite services, opportunity and protection of its team members and residents”. It incorporates positive team engagement, safety, wellbeing and professional development.
A much-loved part of the local community for over 30 years, Sale Gardens Care Community embodies Opal HealthCare’s purpose to bring joy to those we care for.
Located near the Gippsland Lakes network, Sale Gardens’ 95 team members provide country-style hospitality and individualised care for residents.
- Provides meaningful and stable job opportunities to locals
- Offers flexible working arrangements including options to work in other Opal HealthCare Care Communities all over Australia
- Encourages professional development and leadership though courses and scholarships
- Has a strong Work Health Safety record and minimal workplace injuries or accidents
Working at Sale Gardens Care Community also means working to support the health and wellbeing of local schools, businesses and families through:
- Offering student work experience
- Supporting local community groups, for example sponsoring the Sale Bowling Club and volunteering with the local Country Fire Authority
- Engaging in intergenerational programs with local primary schools
- Participating in the annual Sale Agricultural Show
Our Care Community Stories
Supporting a positive end of life experience
26th May 2022 | 2 mins
Palliative Care Support
22nd May 2022 | 2 mins
Better together with volunteers
16th May 2022 | 2 mins