Commonly asked questions about Opal
Yes you are required to have a current police check to work in aged care. If you do not hold a valid check Opal can organise this for you as part of the recruitment process.
We also conduct two (2) reference checks and a medical check which may include pre-employment drug testing.
Opal offers formal career pathways across all areas of care, hospitality and lifestyle. << refer to career pathways link>> You can progress your aged care career at Opal through a number of pathways supported by our professional development and training programs.
Yes Opal has a number of training programs in place to support your career pathway in aged care.
Such programs and support include:
- Induction and on the job training
- Online learning
- Opal Scholarships Program - where Opal supports its team members financially towards further studies
- Graduate Registered Nurse Program
- Internal leadership programs for new, emerging and existing leaders
- Australian College of Nursing membership discounts
Yes Opal offers sponsorship for Registered Nurses only. This usually occurs in Regional areas.